Wednesday 23 May 2012

A 'bridge' from Italy

Today (22.05.2012) a card from Italy came, but not just a card - my Dad was there at the beginning of May. It's so pleasant to receive cards from close people, who remember about your hobby, isn't it?))))
This card shows Siena - view of the Campo Square on the starting of the Palio (July 2nd and August 16th).
Dad wrote they walked on this square and there were few people. He liked Siena, because its centre is very old and the whole city is nice.






This (24.05.2012) day there were many cards and even 2 letters in my box and I couldn't believe when saw 2 (!) postcards from my Dad! I realised when he was in Italy he decided to send me postcards from almost every spot he visited! :D

Here is a gorgeous Milan!

I saw this grand church on a painting of some European artist for the first time in a gallery of European and North America art (of Pushkin Fine Art Museum) in Moscow and still have a dream to see it! There is a Latin phrase written on the postcard:
"Officina vero ubi haer omnia diligenter operemur claustra sunt monasteri et stabilitas in congregatio".

It was added they stayed at an abbey in Milan suburbs.





This bright merry and funny card wholly personalise my Dad! He loves jokes and everything funny :) He told there are much more tourists than inhabitants. It reminds me of Bulgaria, where I was last Summer. I stayed in a touristic town and I can say I have never been to a place where are only tourists before )))



No comments:

Post a Comment